Lifelong Vision Foundation administers clinical studies and funds independent research studies at Pepose Vision Institute in partnership with the Pepose Vision physicians. These studies play a leading role in the advancement of vision care. If you think you or a family member might be a candidate for any of the studies listed below, please call Lee Stolze, our Clinical Research Manager, at 636-534-5126.
- AMD – Age-Related Macular Degeneration
- Conjunctivitis (pink eye)
- Diabetic Retinopathy
- Dry Eye
- And more
Benefits of participating in a study:
Clinical studies offer a great opportunity for our patients to receive the most advanced vision treatment possible, generally years before the general public, often at a discounted price and/or with other benefits. Some studies provide patient compensation.
Current Clinical Studies:
AMD (Age-Related Macular Degeneration) Dry or Wet
• TOGA (University of Virginia): Low-dose oral (pill) doxycycline for slowing the progression of advance Geographic Atrophy due to Dry AMD
• LADDER (Genentech): Long-term drug (device) delivery of Lucentis for treatment of wet AMD
• IMT-PAS Telescopic Lens (Vision Care Technologies): A registry study of the implantable (device) miniature telescope for advanced AMD
• EyeGate (EyeGate Pharma): Comparing two delivery systems of a ophthalmic solution or suspension in patients with Non-Infectious Uveitis
• Kala (Kala Pharma): Eye Drop study for Dry Eyes
• Xiidra; lifitegrast (LVF): Further research of the effect of FDA approved Lifitegrast on dry eye disease signs and symptoms
• Bimatoprost SR: 192024-091 (Allergan): Implant that may lower the IOP (intraocular pressure) in patients with Glaucoma or Ocular Hypertension
•SHP640-301 and SHP640-303 (Shire): Adenoviral or Bacterial Conjunctivitis; Eye Drop comparison study
For more information, please call Lee Stolze, our Clinical Research Manager, at 636-534-5126 or email her at email@example.com. Please include your first and last name and phone number if you choose to send us an email.